Hollander and Company, LLC provides the ability to retain the firm online in order to obtain trademark searches and file U.S. federal trademark registration applications.
You can establish rights in a mark based on legitimate use of the mark. However, owning a federal trademark registration on the Principal Register provides several advantages:
- Constructive notice to the public of the registrant's claim of ownership of the mark;
- A legal presumption of the registrant's ownership of the mark
- Registrant's exclusive right to use the mark nationwide on or in connection with the goods and/or services listed in the registration;
- The ability to bring an action concerning the mark in federal court;
- The use of the U.S registration as a basis to obtain registration in foreign countries; and
- The ability to file the U.S. registration with the U.S. Customs Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods.
Hollander and Company LLC can be retained online to obtain a comprehensive Trademark Search Report. Click on the Trademark Search link to find out more about why this is a wise practice for those considering using or applying to federally register a new trademark.